Friday, December 19, 2008

6 More Days!!!

This chapel guards the supposed birth place of Jesus.
The inside of the chapel (it looks like its under construction, but I think this is kinda the norm)


This is the opening to the cave where it is thought Jesus was born.

And here is a close up of the opening to the cave. The star in the floor is supposed to be the exact spot Jesus was born. I'm not so sure how they figured that.

Kinda weird (as in, I hope nobody is worshipping the cave and the star on the ground...), but also pretty dern cool.



3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Thank goodness only six more days! I'm getting all ansy just looking at the presents under the tree!!!

Taumi said...

So the Stable was actually a cave?

Lyndsey said...

Ya, I dont think anybody knows for sure. I always thought it was a stable too. But maybe they used the cave as a stable.