Monday, December 21, 2009

Matthew 1:21

"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

My bible says that the name Jesus is the Greek form of Joshua, meaning "The Lord saves."

People used to really think about the meaning of what they named their child, rather than just what sounds good with their last name.  And what the kids at school will have the most trouble turning into an insulting name. 

I've often wondered if our names actually do have a part in shaping what we become.  Have you ever thought of this?  And do you think there is any validity to it?

1 comment:

Taumi said...

Sometimes I wish my name was meaningful. Thomas, which is the closest I can come to my name, means twin. So I guess somewhere out there I have a twin. ;)