Anyways, I thought I would give some different kind of updates. First off, movies that I have recently seen:
- Dan in Real Life -- pretty durn good. It's a different kind of romantic comedy. And who doesnt love Steve Carrell?
- Ocean's 13 -- Slept through it, then watched it again while doing other things, so I think it was good...but I dont really know.
- License to Wed -- better than I thought it would be.
- Gone Baby Gone -- pretty depressing and gross
- Bee Movie -- not great, but not bad. I loved this one part that I will recreate for you. Imaging 2 bees. 1 has gone out of the hive and met a human, the other is freaking out because the other one talked to a human which is against the rules. The first bee shoves a piece of cake into the second bees mouth...
Bee #2: "What IS THIS!"
Bee #1: "It's called a crumb"
Bee #2: "It's incredible"
Bee #1: "I know! And that's not even what they eat!"
Get it? Because we dont eat crumbs? Ah, I love it.
- August Rush -- My new favorite movie. It has a slow start, but it's very emotionally involving. I already want to watch it again and I just saw it a few days ago.
Current music that I am listening to:
- Ingrid Michaelson
- Regina Spektor
- Sara Groves
- Emmy Rossum
- Hairspray Soundtrack
- 1234 (song) - Feist
- This Woman's Work (song) - Kate Bush
- Love Song (song) - Sara Bareilles
- A Holiday Collection (CD) - Jewel
- A Christmas Story - Point of Grace
- Wintersong - Sarah McLachlan
- Drummer Boy - Jars of Clay
- Christmas Canon:
And one other thing. I was thinking about Christmas and I was thinking about how even though its not really Jesus's birthday and all that jazz, Christmas is still supposed to be a celebration of Jesus, right? And so I was thinking, I wish I could give Jesus something for Christmas. I mean, don't you want presents at your birthday party? So I was thinking that I could do something charitable this Christmas and that would be my gift to Jesus. But I dont know what to do yet. I'm not sure if I want to do some kind of actual physical volunteer work or if I want to donate money to a charity, or if I want to collect food/clothes/toys and send them to someone. I'm already planning on donating to the food shelf this weekend at the Hollidazzle Parade, but I'm not satisfied with just that. So I thought I would ask you guys if you have any current charities or organizations that have been on your mind that you've wanted to help. Ideas?