Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Gardening!!!

Okay, so those mini pots...they died. But, my dad and I started our amazing garden!
I got marigolds to surround the garden with to keep the rascals out, but we have a big garden, and I'm not that dedicated. Instead, my dad made a pretty cool scarecrow. I'll have to put a picture up of it sometime soon.

This is the garden, before the planting.
We even bought 6 TREES! Two apple, two plum and two cherry trees. Oh, I am in love with this garden/orchard.

So these pictures are a couple of weeks old and besides the things that we bought as plants already (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, tomatoes, green/red/orange peppers, chives, walla walla onions) we have some seeds that have poked up (strawberries, red onions, radishes, lettuce, corn)!!
I also bought a basil plant that I have indoors. I've wanted one for so long.
I'll try to remember to post an update picture when the garden looks alive.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

That garden is going to be so beautiful (and delicious!). Too bad you're not going to live with your parents forever, hahaha! It will be fun when you buy a house and get to have your very, very own. Are you aware of ice cream trees? Just wondering...

Taumi said...

i want one...