Monday, November 1, 2010

Hello all.  I want to apologize for my lack of responding to e-mails, lack of blogs, lack of signs of life recently.  I've been busy to say the least. 

I just got home tonight from 13 hours straight at the hospital today.  Not all work, don't worry.  I worked for 9 hours, had a class for 4.  I just want to stair at a wall and let my brain do nothing for a while.  Is that such a bad thing?  But for some reason, writing a blog and drinking hot chocolate with my hubby close, my puppies nearby and the fireplace going...well, that seems to have a good effect on my brain too.
Friday was a super long day too, but not this long.  I had a 5 1/2 hour class on friday, but I was able to leave work for that one at 11:30.  However, I didn't have time to do any of my paperwork, so back to the hospital for a couple hours after the class to finish up!  Good thing I'm hourly.  I don't understand why so many people think it's offensive to not be salaried.  Salary means I stay late every night to do paperwork for free.  Hourly means overtime pay.  Hourly pay wins, no contest.
On the same note, I found out officially today, that work in 2011 is gonna bite the big one.  Big time.  I can't really get into it on here, right now.  But just trust me.  But I'm going to try to not let it get to me.  All the more reason to not stay at that hospital for ever, right?!

This weekend was very nice.  Even though saturdays seem to be the worse days for me with allergies, it calmed down by 1 o'clock.  Yes, Taumi and Stephen, our house is still an allergen factory.  And we don't know why.  We have a new filter, but my dad is gonna look into a hypoallergenic furnace filter for us.  We have cleaned a ton.  The dogs have been washed several times.  I was hoping after the frost it would be better, but no such luck.  We will figure this out eventually.

We ended up missing Halloween at our house, so who knows if there were any kiddos or not.  We spent the day with my parents and the Onjukkas.  And we watched the Cowboys game that we had recorded from earlier that day, and we watched in mourning for the team that so easily could have been this year.

When I took the dogs out Saturday morning, I saw that both of our neighbors were moving out!  This was exciting, because we only share walls with two neighbors.  #1 being "The Terrorist" as  Malachi likes to call him.  We've never seen the man, the only thing we ever hear through the walls are loud explosions (like a game), and he never turns any lights on.  Ever.  #2 being the family with tons of kids and a psycho dog.  But that family is pretty harmless and not very disruptive.  Anyways, now they are both gone and we were very excited about NO neighbors sharing walls!!!!  But then tonight, when I got home, and constantly for the 45 min I've been home, there has been a dog, in one of the moved-out-of apartments, that is barking non stop.  We may have a new neighbor.

Well, I hope I haven't bored you.  But thank-you for the therapy of letting me talk.  Tomorrow will be another late night because we have to register to vote and vote!  (yes, we are procrastinators about registering.)  Hope you all vote as well!

Have a happy week friends :)

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Aw, pretty Lyndsey :) You look a lot like your mom in this pic, actually.